Monday, June 04, 2007

Missed Me.... Didn't Ya?

No, your eyes aren’t fooling you! I’ve updated my blog!!

As much as I love to make all you out there in blog-land happy by keeping my blog updated (I know you all check in on a regular basis to bask in the wit and wisdom -and of course the adorable pictures of my children- that I share with the world) I haven’t been able to keep up with blogging lately because I’ve just been too busy trying to keep up with life!

Recently I’ve started doing the bookwork for Billy’s/our business. It has been a lot of work trying to learn enough about accounting so that I don’t screw up our books or get us into trouble with the IRS! =p We also just changed accountants and found out that our other accountant screwed up a bunch of things (which we suspected, and hence why we are going to a new guy. But we didn’t realize the extent to which he screwed things up!) And I’ve had to go back and get the past six months of our books in order. All while learning our new software and trying to customize it to suit our needs. This in itself feels like a part-time job right now. Or accountant has been giving me “homework” to get done by certain dates and it feels like I’m back in school! And what makes me mad is that he basically says that I have no excuse for not getting it done because I “don’t work“. I want to send my kids to his office for a few hours and then ask him what he thinks! HA! Btw, thank you Aunt Cindy for loaning me "QuickBooks for Dummies!" =)

As usual, I have been spending spurts of time painting my house. I finished painting our backsplash, front door and closet door, started painting our porch, and I’m trying to finish painting our columns and trim through out the first floor. Oh, and then when I’m done with that I’ll finish the walls going up the stairs and in the upstairs hall (which I started FOREVER ago and never finished). Oh yeah, and the baseboards in the playroom. Oh, and the rest of the outside of the porch. And of course I want to repaint two walls on the main floor. Whew! (anyone know a good, FREE painter?!)(seriously.)

Haven’s birthday is today!! Our little sweetie is 2 years old! It’s crazy how time has flown! We had her birthday party Saturday and it was a lot of fun! She has been singing Happy Birthday to herself all week! So cute!

Triathlon training is kicking my butt! Ha ha! Actually, it’s not that bad. I really wish I had more time to put into it. It stinks because the last week and the next two weeks are supposed to be our hardest, biggest training weeks where we have to put in the most time/miles and Billy has been working so much that it’s been impossible to get it all in! And the tri is only 3 weeks away! Yikes! I’ve gotten up early a few times to work out before he leaves for work, but most of the time he leaves EARLY (5am or so) which makes it difficult!!

Well…. I think this post has gone on long enough. Don’t want to give anyone eye strain! I’ll try to come back soon and post some pictures and funny stories from the past few weeks. Thanks for reading! And for not forgetting about us! =)

10 comments:

. said...

Yeah, your back! Not that I really missed you... I talk to you 20,000 times a day! I did miss you in blog land though! Don't forget about the one wall in the playroom that didn't get painted... add that one to the list!

Anonymous said...

You are one busy busy woman!! Girls weekend away SOON! When and if life slows down.

Joanie, Billy, Harrison, Haven, Hudson, and Holden said...

Oh man... I need a girls weekend. Life WILL slow down for that! We'll have to talk about it at Bunco!

Anonymous said...

When is Bunco again?

Joanie, Billy, Harrison, Haven, Hudson, and Holden said...

Not funny, Bethany! You'd better be coming! =p

Joanie, Billy, Harrison, Haven, Hudson, and Holden said...

oh, whoops! Thought you said WHAT is bunco. Sorry! Bunco is this saturday at my house. You should have directions in an email from last week. If not, let me know and I will send it again!

Brooke said...

Nice to hear an update. I don't see why you can't blog more. It's not like you work or have anything else going on ;-).

Happy Birthday to Haven!

Good luck with the accounting stuff! I can't say learning accounting sounds like too much fun. It sounds like the business is doing well though.

Happy Birthday to Haven again!

Anonymous said...

I really may not be able to make it I was thinking it is next weekend. I am suppoused to be going away for a girls weekend to Edinburgh. I will talk to her and see if maybe we can do it next weekend.

'becca said...

yay for joanie coming back to her blog!

Unknown said...

good to have you back joanie!